Part of a project I worked on last semester that precedes the site-specific work I posted earlier

The theme is similar, though the execution needed more time. I think the process I used to make the work (manipulated digital photos transferred to a salt-paper print) didn't give me enough steps to really work out the problematic elements. The whole thing took place pretty much all at once. Issues with the work's success aside, I did enjoy making these images and I still think they look pretty nice (maybe I'll scan some of the salt prints and add them later).
I thought that by visiting a nearby wetlands I could sort of recreate my swampy inheritance, but I don't think I dealt well with the strangeness of that idea, and a couple ideas that were going through my head conflicted and nothing was really brought to completion. Oh well.

Posted
AuthorChris Hamby
Tagswork